June 28, 2009

skype = love



I heart skype right now... so much! having mom and dad leave for libya last week has been such a sad, stressful, overwhelming change. I haven't even really known what to think or feel about it. We have known for several months that it was a possibility that they would move and for several weeks that they were really going, but for some reason it just didn't sink in until they were on the plane and gone... I mean Africa??! Who's parents move to Africa? I'm finding out now, that more people than you would think have moved abroad especially recently when jobs in the U.S. have been few and far between. Anyways, skype has been giving me the precious and miraculous ability to "see" my mom and dad from so far away. Even though I can't pick up the phone to chat whenever I feel like , in some way, being able to see their faces and new guesthouse room while we're talking almost makes up for it. Whoever created this amazing program... THANK YOU! A million times! I want to give you a kiss on the face! Now if only I could figure out a way to find a job in Africa or Southern Italy so that the miles between would be a little less... love love, ab

2 comments:

Judi said...

Anne, let's go to Greece! Surely we can find work. I just got SKYPE too, and I can't WAIT to see your mama and papa. love you!!

Judi said...

IT WORKED! Ken, Corbin, Ruby and me...all crowded around the computer talking at once!