January 7, 2008

almost three years...


tomorrow i will have been married for three years... this amazes me sometimes. I got married when i was 22 years old... 22, holy cow. i marvel that i could have made such a life altering decision when i was so young. I'm still feel so young most of the time, not really feeling like I know how to be an adult, to make adult decisions... like i don't really have it "together" but no one has noticed. But at 22 years old, i knew that marrying ryan would be the best decision i would ever make. He is my best friend and the best partner i could have imagined. My mom told me when we were dating that I would never be bored with ryan and she has been so right. He challenges me in ways that make me like myself more. He helps me to be adventurous and brave ... he makes me feel smart and beautiful.

Our story is a pretty sweet one... we actually met in junior high school. Shared friends, and teachers and secret letters in the summer time. I remember once in 7th grade writing my now married name on a napkin and wishing that one day i could marry this boy. Now after living with him for three years, i know that life isn't a fairytale, its beautiful and messy, hard at times and wonderfully easy at others. But I know for a fact that my life is better with this man in it. He puts up with my craziness, holds me when I'm scared, leaves me notes around the house, forgives readily, and loves wildly. And I couldn't ask for anything more. I'm so glad he's mine.

No comments: