January 10, 2008

robert ryan...

Have you heard about this guy?? I was browsing around on Etsy (this website is a time warp!) and i came across these amazing paper cutouts by robert ryan.

I honestly don't know how he does all of that intricate work?? I just thought that I would share something that made me smile today, in case you were in need of one. I love that people still make things that can be held. Even though I really enjoy blogging, my favorite things in life are things you can touch and hold... a real letter sent through the mail, soft fabric, and hand knit scarf, a black and white photo of my grandmother that sits on my counter.... i still like simplicity... Anyways, i loved the line from the last image, it makes me remember a story about ryan...

my last year in college, i was admiring ryan from afar. We were friends, but I was wishing he would notice me or ask me out... something. he was acting a lot that semester in plays and i would go with friends and watch from the audience and wish for him. what a dumb girlie thing to do! But alas, I am occasionally quite dumb and girlie... One of the plays he was in was called "you can't take it with you", a quirky play about a family and a young couple in love. Anyways, ryan's character proposed to a cute dark haired girl on stage and after she accepts he spouted my favorite line from the play "If you know of a good rooftop...I'd like to do some shouting..." So sweet....onto the story

after the play i waited to see him in the hall and after talking for a minute i turned to leave... and ever so subtly he winked at me! it was the smoothest, sweetest wink, just for me... and it was the first time that i thought he might actually think of me as special, and it made me smile... for days. So......i love this quote above that says

"i can't forget and I never will, you smiled at me and from nothing, something came"

No comments: