January 3, 2008

new years...

ry and I just returned from our "tour de texas" whirlwind of a new years holiday adventure... we managed to hit austin, dallas and a little town called Gun Barrel, TX (no... i'm not kidding). We had so much fun with the Suttons and I was reminded of how wonderful it is to be our age... we are young enough to still really play, but old enough to appreciate it... actually i hope i'm never too old to play and be silly and laugh at myself.

Sooo... now we are back home in our cozy, bitty apartment and life is slowing done for now. I'm looking forward to one more week of nothing before school starts again and I start worrying about all of the things that i feel like i need to do. i pray that this year God teaches me to rest more and more, to choose to trust His timing, his peace to be enough even when everything in our culture tries to convince us that we don't have enough. I'm so bad at comparing myself to my friends and even people that I don't even know. I start feeling like I'm behind schedule and that I'm never going to catch up.... i just want to be me even though i don't even really know what that means sometimes. I want to be ok and just be. why is that so hard most of the time? Anyways, in the meantime I'm going to knit, drink coffee, listen to the new Eisley and hang out with my cute husband and sweet puppy... sounds pretty good huh?

No comments: