June 19, 2008

mini vAcA...


rpb and I have spent the last few days on a mini vacation in the Texas hill country. Some friends were kind enough to let us use their amazing house on the blanco river while they have been out of town, so we have been hammock swinging, river floating, rope swinging and generally just lazing around. We have also discovered that wimberley, tx has possibly the BEST snow cone stand of all time. This guy even has organic juice snow cones, how cool is that?? We have become fast friends and have been stopping by daily to try new flavors. I have now decided that instead of finishing my no fun upcoming internships I will be opening a snow cone stand in Houston... the city that for some reason doesn't put two and two together and realize that the only way to survive a 100+ degree summer is by consuming 1000's and 1000's of snow cones.... anyways...(that was a bit of a rant...)



So... we have been having a grand time and will sadly return to real life tomorrow to pick up our pup from the grandparents' house and go home to prepare for my last week of summer. I miss you guys, especially you lek and mel (thanks for reading!) and I hope to see you soon. we took a few funny videos of ryan and i rope swinging and tree jumping... yes, tree jumping.. so I'll have to post those from home in the next few days!

1 comment:

mel sutton said...

i don't get it! dallas is absolutely void of any delicious snocone stands too! something must be done. it's just absurd. let's franchise...