October 24, 2008

kids are funny...


so today, we went in to evaluate a little boy with a leukemia, four years old, who had a bone marrow transplant yesterday. I walk into the room expecting to find a weak, quiet still little guy laying in bed, lethargic and shy. Um yeah... instead, I found a little bald boy, with huge brown eyes standing beside his bed showing me his yoga poses... no kidding, his yoga poses... and not the easy ones, the really hard ones where you have to balance on one foot. He then proceded to ask me "can you bring me a little running machine, because I'm really good at running, but I need a little running machine, because I am little..." All this was done as he stood his tiny self up by the bed in only a monster t-shirt and a diaper, connected by at least 10 wires to his IV pole... Kids are funny, and completely amazing.

No comments: