February 5, 2009

a day at the museum...

Ryan surprised me today with a trip to the Houston Museum of Fine Art! We grabbed lunch at the museum Cafe Express and then went exploring through the exhibits (Thursdays are free too!). I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you. I'm pretty sure that we were allowed to take pictures (with no flash), but the museum lady still followed me around the whole time giving me these scary, evil looks like I was about to touch something or break something... not sure why. Anyways, we had a good time. I always feel good when we cross something off of our "to do while in Houston" list, especially since its been shameful that we've lived within walking distance from the museum district for 2 and a half years now and hadn't taken advantage of it! So here are a few beautiful pieces.



"The Corn Poppy" by Kees Van Dongen, 1919... inspired by the "flapper days" of Paris.



"Rue Ravignan, Paris" by Maximilien Luce, 1893



"Interior" by Jozsef Rippl-Ronai, 1909

Enjoy! AMB... oh and wish us luck! We are going house hunting (to rent, not buy...) in the Heights this evening... fun fun!

No comments: