February 19, 2009

Tuesday...Wednesday...on to Thursday...

So... my daily blogging hasn't really worked out has it?? Whoops! Anyways, I did want to report that I've still been trying to have the maximum amount of fun this week even though Houston has been dishing out a huge portion of gross, gray dismal weather for the past few days! We decided to ignore the weather and take Olive on several long walks in the drizzle. I think that she actually really likes it (everything must smell like mud, which she likes to eat if allowed... double gross). We've also been searching hard for a little house or duplex to rent in the heights but up to this point have not been super successful. We decided that this is why people just stay where they are for better or worse, because house hunting is such a totally pain in the butt. So our little cramped apartment is starting to look better and better, but we'll see what happens.

As far as my list goes, I have accomplished a few things... I bought a cute pair of gray/hot pink tennis shoes to go with the two ugly pairs of green scrub pants I had to buy for next week. I think they might be a little "scary" bright, but Ryan said they are fun, so what the hey, its a children's hospital right?? Where else can you wear hot pink shoes! And while we were at the shoe store, I found the cutest tiny pair of New Balance on sale for Dylan! Seriously, they are so cute, I wish I could fit my giant foot into them! I LOVE nieces and nephews! The perfect excuse to buy tiny baby things! I put up a picture next to my new shoes so that you can see how itty they are.




Oh, and Ryan and i went to a movie on Tuesday night, one of our favorite things to do. We saw the International at the Angelica downtown. I LOVE this movie theater, even on a friday night, its possible to be two of only about 20 or so people in the audience which makes the show much more enjoyable in my opinion. On Tues. Ryan and I were the only ones in the theater until about ten minutes into the show when two other couples showed up. I was bummed because we've never actually pulled off being the only ones in the theater for a whole show and i was getting excited about it. The movie was okay, Rotten Tomatoes gave it a 50% I think and that was about right. Entertaining, but not at all unique or surprising... still fun, especially when eating 10,000 lbs of popcorn and gigantic cherry coke with cute hubs.



We also celebrated my Dad's birthday last night (Happy Birthday Dad!). We went out for barbecue with the fam and had a great time. I even made red velvet cupcakes (Dad's fav) from a kit I found at William Sonoma. Apparently Sprinkles cupcakes are a big deal in L.A. (I had no idea), but the little kit was super easy to make and tasted yum, so I would definitely use it again...






I should have blogged this stuff right afterwards, because I know that I'm leaving out so much, but what can I say, I'm a lazy blog girl. Today its actually beautiful and sunny outside, so I'm going to go sit in the sunshine and read, then possibly sew something small and easy to finish later. Three days and counting...

love, amb

No comments: